Tuscan Winery Excursions and Wine Tasting
In the event you’re a wine aficionado or simply wish to study extra concerning the world of Tuscan wine, we suggest reserving a wine tour throughout your villa rental week!
1. Chianti Countryside Tour and Wine Tasting – (full day)
Overview: Discover the Chianti countryside then take pleasure in tastings, a cellar go to, and lunch at a Chianti wine property.
- This full-day tour begins when your information picks you up in Florence (or at your villa for an additional price) to journey the picturesque Chiantigiana highway, winding via vineyards, olive groves and cities.
- You’ll cease first to tour Montefioralle Citadel, then on to Greve, the gorgeous market city which is the capital of the Chianti area.
- The particular deal with comes if you go to the working vineyard of Fattoria Montagliari, the place you’ll see the cellar and style the Chianti Classico made by the welcoming household; a lunch on the vineyard (menu adjustments day by day) is out there for an additional price (paid domestically) of 25 Euros per individual. Afterward, you’ll drive via Panzano and on to Castellina, a reasonably medieval city.
- The tour doesn’t embody wine tastings & snacks, meals, museum entrance charges, or gratuities. The order of the tour stops might change relying on native circumstances. The associated fee for tastings and snacks shall be paid on to the wineries.
- Value: 450 Euros (1-Four pax); 500 Euros (1-Eight pax). Bigger teams can be accommodated; please inquire for charges!
We had a really pleasant day tasting Chianti wines and olive oil in Tuscany.
Our first go to was hosted by the proprietor who shared his information and fervour in his vineyards. He took care to point out us the variations in cultivating merlot, syrah, and Sangiovese vines. Studying to inform the distinction by colour and form of the leaves was fascinating. He was a fantastic tasting host, exhibiting us the picture of the pig that was “contributing” the salami and giving us tastes of all of his great wines. A spotlight for our youthful children was the chocolate in olive oil (to be believed!). Our group is returning to the U.S. with many samples of wine and olive oil.
Our second cease was at a a lot bigger vineyard. We received to see extra different manufacturing methods at a bigger scale than the primary cease. Our tasting was truly a scrumptious luncheon – 4 programs, every with an applicable accompanying wine. We couldn’t resist taking a number of samples with us.
Full however not deterred we had been delighted to see the following cease was one other smaller producer. This one was identified for being the primary to develop Merlot in Tuscany – close to heresy on the time. Our hostess was pleasant and shared tales and historical past of the vineyard and the area. Once more, the wine was great and, after all, we bought some samples to share again “dwelling”.
Thanks, Jonathan, to your cautious driving and Maurizio for the snug automobile/mini-bus and arranging the tour.
Ken, July 2016
2. Style of Tuscany Wine Tour – NEW for 2017!
Overview: From a go to to the oldest Italian butcher to sampling the world’s greatest gelato… to not point out wine training and tastings–this full-day wine tour has all of it! Right here’s the day’s itinerary:
- 9:00 AM: Your information will decide you up at your villa.
- 9:30 AM: Go to Greve-in-Chianti. Your tour will start in the primary piazza–the place you’ll pop into Falorni, the oldest butcher store in Italy.
- 10:00 AM: First tasting! Get pleasure from a tour and tastings at Castello di Verrazzano (90 minutes). Tasting price: 18 Euros/individual.
- 2:15 PM: Lunch at Altiero vineyard in Montefioralle (2 hours). Value: 25 Euros/individual.
- 3:15 PM: Tasting on the vineyard of your alternative in San Gimignano (30 minutes). Value: 10 Euros/individual.
- 4:00 PM: Discover San Gimignano and cease in at Gelateria Dondoli–recipient of the award for the world’s greatest gelato! (1 hour; price of gelato is additional.)
- 5:30 PM: Return to your villa for R&R.
- Value: 562.50 Euros (1-Eight pax). Please see above for particular person tasting prices; all quantities are payable on to the wineries. Gratuity isn’t included. Bigger teams can be accommodated; please inquire for charges!
3. Coronary heart of Chianti Gastro Tour – NEW for 2017!
Overview: Following a wide ranging drive via the countryside, you’ll find yourself at its very coronary heart: Greve. Begin the day by sampling aged ham and pecorino… then you definitely’re off to Grevepesa vineyard in close by Montefioralle for tastings, a guided tour, and scrumptious lunch with pairings.
- Your information will decide you up within the morning out of your villa – transportation is included!
- Journey to Greve, the place you’ll convene within the charming fundamental piazza underneath the statue of Giovanni di Verrazzano, a well-known navigator and the city’s most well-known citizen. Lined with retailers, cafes, and eating places, the piazza can also be dwelling to the Falorni butcher store–famend for its home made prosciutto and pecorino. You’ll pattern the store’s specialities, after which it’s off to hilltop Montefioralle (Four km).
- At midday your go to to the cellars on the Grevespa vineyard begins. Your information will present you the trendy services for urgent, fermentation, and storage of wine. As well as, you’ll see the previous cellars with historic casks and small barrels for vin santo. The bottling plant, with its thrilling and noisy operation, is your subsequent cease.
- Lunch is served within the on website restaurant. Chef Daniela will put together affettati toscana (native salumi), varied bruschetta, and pecorino to begin, adopted by two completely different pastas. Conclude the meal with cantuccini di prato (conventional biscotti) together with vin santo and two extra Grevespa wines.
- Value: 120 Euros/individual. 1-Eight pax. Transportation from/to your villa, tastings, and lunch are all included within the value. Bigger teams can be accommodated; please inquire for charges!
Please contact RentVillas at (800) 726-6702. To substantiate a reservation, a 20% non-refundable deposit is required. Upon receipt of the deposit, you’ll be put in direct contact with the tour purveyor who will reply your particular questions concerning the main points of the expertise, together with stability cost, additional prices, and the assembly time. We suggest that reservations be made a minimum of two months previous to your departure.